E-YANTRA IIT LAB
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) sponsors e-Yantra under the National Mission for ICT in Education (NMEICT) program.IIT Bombay envisages the ‘e-Yantra’ platform to harness the intellectual talent of young India to create utility based robotic applications for usage across variety of applications such as: agriculture, manufacturing, defense, home, city maintenance and services industries. The overall mission is to grow a rich eco-system of ideas and applications that can propel India’s growth curve and productivity through intelligent funneling of robotics in daily living built upon an existing pool of knowledge developed by students working on such projects at engineering colleges in the area of embedded systems. SNS College of Engineering, Coimbatore has taken an initiative to setup e-Yantra Robotics Lab under e-Yantra Lab Set-up Initiative (eLSI) by IIT Bombay. SNSCE e-Yantra Robotics Lab trains the students in embedded systems and micro-controller programming by engaging them through the Project Based Learning (PBL) mode.
e-Yantra Robotics Competition (eYRC): Engages students using Project Based Learning (PBL) to implement a solution to a real world problem. Robots, accessories, training material, and rulebook are given to teams selected for participation, free of cost.
e-Yantra Robotics Competition Plus (eYRC+): Designed to impart advanced topics such as image processing through a theme for teams selected for participation. Runs parallel with eYRC.
- Awareness of embedded systems, robotics technology and mechatronics.
- It provides platform to design, develop, program and testing of robots to various applications.
- Students can participate in national and international robotics competitions.
- Improve BE projects with help of e-Yantra open source community.
- Exposure to job opportunities in robotics. Encourage to use robots to solve real life problems.