internal Quality Assurance cell
As per the guidelines of National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), the establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is a mandatory requirement for all NAAC-accredited institutions. The IQAC of SNS College of Engineering , since its inception, has been consistently and actively involved in quality sustenance and quality enhancement activities.
- To conduct the perspective plan meeting at the beginning of year.
- Prime agenda of the meeting would be review based planning of academic policies for the sustainable growth of the College
- To develop a monitoring system for quality assurance of the policies
- To prepare a detailed Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) at the end of he academic year and submit the same to Governing Body/N
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the University.
- To promote measures for the institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The institutions need to submit yearly the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to NAAC. A functional Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and timely submission of Annual Quality Assurance Reports (AQARs)
The Following Coordinators are appointed to monitor the quality of department activities
To organize an interactive session with faculty members following the guidelines given by Governing Body, College Academic Council (CAC) – Programme Advisory committee and Programme Assessment Committee to strengthen the Teaching Learning process.
Preparation and release of guidelines regarding all Academic activities before the commencement of Semester
Uploading of Academic plans prepared by respective faculty members on the college portal for easy access to the students
Preparation of list of faculty coordinators at Department level for various academic activities and compilation of the same
To conduct the meeting of faculty coordinators for various academic tasks to discuss the plan of action for their respective responsibilities
Preparation of mentoring guidelines to be followed
To conduct interactive session with all faculty mentors regarding mentoring of students – Pink cards
To help the Departments in monitoring the mentoring process
To coordinate the process of online feedback from students about Teaching-Learning process in respective classes and communicate the assessment of the same to respective faculty members and Department
- Add on content-Theory & Lab
- Remedial classes
- Make up tests
- Collection of teaching outcome feedback (course assessment) from students at the end of the semester.
- Collection of exit feedback from final year students at the end of the academic year.
- Industry Experts
- Executives of professional bodies.
To help in the preparation of various rubrics regarding feedback from students and stakeholders, examination result, Course assessment, placement etc.
To suggest various value added programs to and to coordinate the execution of the same
To suggest various ways to strengthen the departments/CLT/Center for collaboration/Incubation centers/centre of excellence to help in enhancing the technical skills of the students
To organize the review /audit of all the academic activities by a team of internal experts and external experts and present the observation in the meeting of GB/CAC for further guidelines
To coordinate the collection and compilation of self appraisal forms from faculty members at the end of academic year
To coordinate the collection, documentation and actions to be taken on the information about funding agencies, their norms and passing by the R&D center and respective Departments.
- Governing Body (once in a semester)
- College Academic Council (Once in a week/fortnight)
- To help the Principal Office (P.O) in constituting central committees for decentralization of work and effective functioning of the College.
- To help the P.O. in the preparation of guidelines and schedule of periodic meetings of these Committees
- To help the P.O. in the process of record maintenance and documentation (nomenclature of Departmental and central files)
- To coordinate the activity of budget allocation based on the requirement of the Departments
- To prepare the Activity calendar of the college based on the individual plans submitted by Departments/various forums
- To coordinate the flow of information to the website administrator from various forums/Departments before and after the activities/achievements
- To coordinate the process of preparation and submission of Activity Record files by various authorities/bodies/clubs after the activity
- To coordinate the process of audio-visual recording of all the major activities and submission of the hard copy and CD at the central library
- To help the P.O. in periodic review of policy book of the College
- To collect all the files/documents from all the Departments/P.O. at the end of the academic year
- To give periodic inputs to website in-charge/administrator regarding updating of information
- To discuss innovative concepts and ways of execution with coordinators of various forums
- To help the P.O.in the preparation of schedule of stock verification of various laboratories/Library at the end of the year.